BE A VOLUNTEER FOR NEW MILFORD VNA
HOSPICE AND CARE OF THE SICK VOLUNTEER
Our volunteers provide companionship, respite for caregivers, and lend a hand with practical needs. Volunteer assistance may include:
- Engaging in conversation; listening
- Preparing a meal; shopping
- Reading aloud books or newspapers
- Playing cards, games, or sitting in quiet companionship
- Basic in-home pet care such as dog walking, grooming, litter box changing
- PAWS for PATIENTS. Bring your certified pet therapy dog for patients who request a visit
Volunteers provide valuable help with administrative tasks, such as data entry, filing, writing thank you notes to donors and other tasks as needed.
Volunteers are crucial to the success of fundraising events and community education programs throughout the year.