Home Health Therapy Operations Manager
New Milford VNA & Hospice
- Provides supervisory oversight and coordinates physical, occupational and speech therapy patient services for the Agency, per Agency policies and procedures;
- Performs In-home patient physical therapy admissions, assessments and treatment, as needed, per Agency policies and procedures;
- Performs and ensues staff therapist completes comprehensive evaluation of patient’s level of function and assesses environmental and psychological needs in collaboration with patient’s RN Case Manager to develop a safe, progressive and comprehensive Plan of Treatment;
- Identifies patient and family needs for other home health services and initiates referrals for identified services;
- Communicates the Plan of Treatment, patient progress and discharge plans to the RN Case Manager per Agency policies;
- Completes required documentation in an accurate, clear, concise and timely manner, meeting Federal, State and Agency requirements.
- Attends all required Agency in-services.
- Is adaptable, reliable, conscientious, and organized and adheres to HIPAA regulations, communicating patient and agency information only with appropriate personnel and within the proper setting.
- Ensures that the quality standards of staff therapist/patient encounters are met/exceeded through ongoing evaluation and teaching by providing ongoing staff education regarding the scope and standards of practices, changes in practice, licensure and best practices;
- Coordinates and participates in Peer Reviews of all therapy staff, as required by Agency and state licensure;
- Develops monitors and supervises competency programs for staff therapists;
- Supervises the Therapy Program Assistant and oversees/coordinates therapy referrals, and reviews the therapy staff schedules daily;
- Directs therapy staff through the use of ethical leadership standards to ensure professional and compassionate relationships with patients and their caregivers;
- Contributes to and assists with quality initiatives and development of Agency programs, when appropriate, and will be available to the Agency as a rehabilitation resource;
- Collaborates with Agency staff and Community resources to improve quality of patient care;
- Maintains integrity and possesses a positive attitude, presenting a positive image of the Agency at all times;
- Maintains assigned work schedule, and a neat, clean and professional appearance;
- Perform all other duties, as assigned;
- Reports to the Agency Executive Director/CEO.
- Must be a Connecticut licensed physical therapist with a least two years of clinical experience and at least two years of supervisory experience, preferably in homecare.
- Must maintain active State of Connecticut therapy licensure, complete timely license renewal and meet educational requirements as required by the State of Connecticut.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to a fully-insured automobile.
- Must be knowledgeable about of Federal and State regulations as related to home health care.
- Must be knowledgeable about OASIS; and Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance payment systems.
- Is able to maintain collaborative relationships with all Agency staff, payors, and referral sources.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills to monitor and analyze therapy staff productivity in order to maintain a productive therapy department.
- Must be able to work independently and within the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and appropriate computer skills as related to patient documentation.
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills.
New Milford VNA & Hospice Benefits:
Competitive pay, Affordable Healthcare Plans and Dental Plan, 401K, Agency-paid Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org